What is Swype 1.6.2?
Swype 1.6.2 is one of the top alternative keyboards that lets you accurately input words faster and easier. It’s like no other third-party keyboard out there and it is the first gesture-based keyboard t, and still remains the best. Keep using Swype and you will notice that the app learns the way you type.
Developed and published by Nuance Communications, Swype originally released on Android devices but is now also available on iPhone and iPad devices for $0.99. This app contains In-App Purchases, which include different themes for the keyboard layout.
The app can be a bit difficult to set up at the start. Thankfully, the app features a step by step tutorial that explains how to set up the keyboard in the iOS Settings app. Swype’s activation screen will tell you how to select Swype’s keyboard (which is Settings -> General -> Keyboard). But the fact that it doesn’t tell you if you have done it correctly kind of left me puzzled for a bit.
Swype’s keyboard layout can be changed using a selection of five free different themes: Dark, Light, Earth and Sun. But a little problem with these themes is that the space bar blends in together with the comma and period keys. If you are typing words by swiping then you won’t have a problem because the app puts a space whenever you finish a word. However, it can cause some incorrect keystrokes if you prefer typing the traditional way. If you want more themes, then you can get more by buying In-App Purchases. Most of them cost $0.99 except for the “Enhanced Bundle” which costs $1.99 and “Colorful” which costs $2.99.
The app comes with customizable keyboard layouts (QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY). Tap on letters and as you type you will see suggested words pop up above the keyboard that are based on the context of what you are typing. It’s mostly like the built in keyboard seen in iOS 8, except that in Swype it is somewhat easier to scroll to take a look at another set of options than it is with the normal keyboard. You simply do a leftward swipe. When you type in a word that Swype can’t recognize then it will let you add the word to a personalized dictionary if you want.
This app isn’t just about tapping letters out, obviously. It can also be used for writing text messages, emails, notes and many other written words by easily dragging your finger around the keyboard in a close estimation of where the correct keys are. Sounds like it is impossible, right? How can you manage to swipe a word such as “go” when you have to drag your finger over the H, J and K keys? Well, apparently Swype has such a smart engine that it most of the time can get the right word. When it gets the wrong word, though, then you can simply tap the correct suggestion located above the keyboard if the suggestion is good.
It’s quite impressive how simple and easy it is to swipe through words. Of course, you are bound to make a mistake when doing it very fast so, make sure you don’t send a totally misleading word.
What’s new in Swype 1.6.2
Version 1.6.2 introduces better emoji support as well as some bug fixes and stability improvements.
Download Swype 1.6.2 using Installous
What is Installous?
Installous is a Cydia app which is use for jailbroken iOS devices. With Installous installed on your device, you can gain access and install cracked apps. You can get the paid apps for free using this method.
Installous allows iOS users to download and install apps that have paywall on App Store. Installous allows you to find cracked apps which cost $0.99 or more elsewhere. One of the advantage to use Installous is that it has Bittorrent support, with this great feature you can start downloading apps, pause and start again without having to start over from the beginning.
Install Installous on your iPhone or iPad
- First thing you have to do is to make sure your iPhone or iPad is jailbroken.
- Tap on Cydia on your device and launch it
- Go to Manage, then Sources
- Select Edit
- Select Add
- A Pop-Up will show up, add the URL: http://cydia.hackulo.us, select Add
- Search for Installous, select the correct one for your iPhone or iPad
- Select Install and the installing progress will begin shortly
- Select Restart Springboard
That’s it! Enjoy Installous on your device!
Disclaimer: Using cracked apps is illegal. The purpose for posting this method is to help users test the app before buying it on Apple App Store. Developers spend a lot of time efforts to develop the app, we recommend users to delete the app after testing and buy the app on Apple App Store. The purpose of the posting does not support piracy or other piracy-related apps.
How to use Installous on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Installous from Springboard
- Select the Search option when you can find on the top of the screen. Type Swype 1.6.2 to search in the Search Field
- Search results would come up, select Swype 1.6.2 you want to download and press Download. You also need to tap on the file hosting site you want to use.
- Another browser window would appear for downloading the app with a difference source. You will be asked to type in a Captcha code in order to continue the download. Please be aware if the Captcha code indicate is case sensitive or not.
- Ignore the advertisement which might appear to continue
- After you’ve landed the download section, you will be redirected to Installous. Swype 1.6.2 will start to download.
- You will receive a notification when the app is successfully downloaded.
- Go to Downloads, a tap which locates at the bottom of your screen. You should see Swype 1.6.2. Click Install to begin the installing process.