What is Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day 5.1?
Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day 5.1 is a beautiful star app that doesn’t require you to take astronomy classes to understand. It’s very easy to use and lets you turn all that stargazing into knowledge due to it working like an interactive atlas that helps you know about everything you see in the sky. Easily find planets, satellites, constellations and more.
Developed and published by Fifth Star Labs LLC, this star app is available on iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch for $3.99.
Please keep in mind that the app requires a gyroscope, which means that it won’t work with iPad 1 or iPhone 3GS and earlier. Apart from that, you can use this app with or without a Wi-Fi, data, or GPS signal. You can use it wherever and whenever you want, be it while camping or overseas. Everything will function normally wherever you are.
The developers have done a great job creating an immersive experience with the app. You don’t have to be a professional astronomer to understand everything, as the app is made suitable for beginners and more intermediate stargazers alike. Or you can use it simply from time to time to get some info on that meteor shower or star you see. If you want you can also take out the lights of the sky with a simple swipe of two fingers so it matches with what you see outside as well as lower the huge amount of stars visible on screen.
What’s great about Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day 5.1?
While you look through the stars and planets, you will be accompanied by a calming soundtrack for complete immersion. If you tap on something that is clickable on the screen you will hear a tone play that give some hint to what you have found. The pitch is higher the hotter a star is, while a more luminous star will also be louder than a smaller one.
Apart from the stunning, immersive visuals this app offers like no other, it also gives you some nice information to learn about what you are looking at. This app doesn’t copy and paste the information Wiki entries offer as most apps tend to do. Instead, you are given a variety of in-depth entries on the more known parts of the sky, such as large constellations.
If you are looking for something that is not currently visible in the sky but does have an entry to read then you can use the Search option to find exactly what you are looking for. These entries contain lots of interesting information but are still easy and simple to understand for people that don’t study astronomy.
Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day 5.1 App Features
Here are the additional features this app offers:
- Support for Apple Watch. With the Apple Watch you can take a look at a calendar of upcoming astronomical events, such as the full moon, meteor showers, eclipses and more. The app can also send you a notification for when an event is about to happen in the skies above the location you are currently at. It can also tell you when the International Space Station is expected to fly over.
- A 3D Touch feature that allows you to get quick previews of any article while browsing the search menu with Peek and Pop. You also easily have access to your Search, Favorites or Satellites from the main home screen by pressing on the Sky Guide icon. Please note that the 3D Touch feature requires an iPhone 6s.
- Notification Center Widget: Use this to get a quick look at things such as rise and set times for the Sun, Moon and planets. This feature requires you to have iOS 8.
- Beautiful Time-Lapse Effects that allow you to see star trails when you move fast through time. This feature is supported on devices with an A7 processor and higher.
- A Filter feature that lets you X-ray the sky and explore invisible wonders.
- A Red night mode to preserve your dark adapted eyesight.
What’s new in Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day 5.1
Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day Version 5.1 brings us these new additions:
- iPad Pro optimization.
- A new live Sun Glance for the Apple Watch is now included. During the day the app will display a live image of solar activity which is animated to the most recent 3 days. You can tap to get a detailed chart of activity that can also display possible aurorae.
- A bug that caused the Moon Glance to not load on the Apple Watch has now been fixed.
- There was a bug that caused the app to continue to show recently failed Iridium satellites as active has now been fixed.
- A bug that caused the position of Jupiter’s moon to not account for light travel delay has now been fixed.
- New dwarf planets have been added. They are: Eris, Haumea and Makemake.
Download and Install Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day 5.1 Using AppCake
AppCake is one of the most popular tool for users to download and install cracked apps. It is one of the most widely used tool besides Installous.
Install AppCake is easy and straightforward. In this tutorial, we will teach you how to install and use AppCake on your jailbroken iPhone or iPad.
Disclaimer: Using cracked apps is illegal. The purpose for posting this method is to help users test the app before buying it on Apple App Store. Developers spend a lot of time efforts to develop the app, we recommend users to delete the app after testing and buy the app on Apple App Store. The purpose of the posting does not support piracy or other piracy-related apps.
How to install AppCake on iPhone or iPad
prerequisite before you install App Cake:
- iPhone or iPad
- iPhone or iPad with iOS5 or later
- Jailbroken device, Cydia installed
- First thing you have to do is to make sure your iPhone or iPad is jailbroken.
- Tap on Cydia on your device and launch it
- Go to Manage, then go to Sources
- After you see the sources menu, Press Edit
- Select Add
- A Pop-Up will show up, add the URL: cydia.iphonecake.com , select Add Source.
- Source Warning would pop up. Press Add anyway. It would take some time for your iPhone or iPad to download these resources.
- There would be source updates for AppCake. When the update process is complete, press Return to Cydia.
- Tab cydia.iphonecake.com. from the Source menu.
- Press AppCake from All Packages menu.
- Select Install. After that, select Confirm which would appear on the top right of your screen.
- After it’s successfully installed, press Restart Springboard.
How to use AppCake on iPhone or iPad
After you’ve successfully installed AppCake, you can start using AppCake
- Use Springboard to open AppCake
- Use browser categories. You can also use Search to look for Sky Guide: View Stars Night or Day 5.1.
Finally, it’s done. Enjoy!