What is Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.6?
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.6 is an open-world game that lets you play as a young gangster in a recreation of California. It’s amazing to see how mobile gaming has progressed. All those decade old console blockbusters can now be made to run and play smoothly on your very own smartphone or tablet.
This was one of the biggest open-world games back in 2004. Developed by War Drum Studios and published by Rockstar Games, you can now experience the remastered version of the old classic on iOS and Android devices for $6.99.
Please keep in mind that GTA: San Andreas for iOS is only supported on these devices: iPhone 4s, iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPhone 6/6+, iPad 2, 3rd and 4th generation, iPad Air/Air2 and iPad Mini/2/3.
The game puts you in the role of Carl “CJ” Johnson, a member of the Grove Street gang. He comes back to San Andreas after the murder of his mother and jumps into local gang wars, pulling drive-bys on rival gangs and recapturing territory for Grove Street. CJ’s look can be customized in a variety of ways. You can shop and get some different clothes or you can make him fat by going to fast food restaurants. But you can also make him strong by going at the gym.
Throughout the game you will meet a variety of fun and annoying characters. Some of them include, for example, the corrupt Officer Tenpenny who is a great and fun character to see in cutscenes. But there are also characters such as the OG Loc that are really annoying to watch. You will probably cringe at some of the cutscenes due to the odd mix of great and bad characters.
Despite all that, the big world of San Andreas is beautiful. With lots of things to do and many ways to wreak havoc, the fun never stops with all those great looking car models. GTA: San Andreas includes a recreation of Los Angeles and replicas of San Francisco and Las Vegas. There is also lots of countryside and desert in-between. Due to the sheer scope of San Andreas, you will probably spend lots of hours beating every mission, side activity and listening to radio stations filled with classic playlists of licensed music.
Unfortunately, the game can be somewhat frustrating to play on a button-less touchscreen. There are onscreen prompts that show up when you have to do some specific action, such as carjacking, but it’s difficult for the developers to transfer all these buttons for console controllers on a mobile phone. This makes it even worse when the game has plenty of missions where you have to be very accurate, especially in driving missions. You will probably make a bunch of mistakes such as swipe the camera too far, or your thumb slips off the invisible movement controls. All this will lead to some amount of mission failure.
Because of these issues, you will probably be better off buying controllers made for iOS devices. But, despite the control issues it is still a very fun and great game to play. Featuring a long storyline that has its ups and downs, it is still one of the many things that make the game worth the price. There’s some great mission variety and the soundtrack is superb. It’s amazing to see such big games being remade on mobile devices, and let’s hope in the future we will see even better console and PC-like games made to play on our beloved smartphones and tablets.
To sum it all up, here are some of the features for the iOS version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.6:
- Remastered, high-resolution graphics made just for mobile. Some of the improvements include better lighting, an enhanced color palette and better character models.
- Upgraded for the iPhone 5 series and iPad 4th Gen and above with dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections.
- Full physical controller support for all iOS controllers.
- No matter which iOS device you play it on, the game supports cloud saving, allowing you to continue playing from any iOS device if you are a member of Rockstar Social Club.
- Dual analog stick controls for full control over camera and movement.
- Three different control schemes and customizable controls that have contextual options to display the buttons only when you need them.
- 7 supported languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian and Japanese.
- Create your own custom playlist! To do this, create a playlist titled “GTASA”, launch the game and select the radio station called “MIXTAPE”.
Download and Install Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.6 Using Installous
What is Installous?
Installous is a Cydia app which is use for jailbroken iOS devices. With Installous installed on your device, you can gain access and install cracked apps. You can get the paid apps for free using this method.
Installous allows iOS users to download and install apps that have paywall on App Store. Installous allows you to find cracked apps which cost $0.99 or more elsewhere. One of the advantage to use Installous is that it has Bittorrent support, with this great feature you can start downloading apps, pause and start again without having to start over from the beginning.
Install Installous on your iPhone or iPad
- First thing you have to do is to make sure your iPhone or iPad is jailbroken.
- Tap on Cydia on your device and launch it
- Go to Manage, then Sources
- Select Edit
- Select Add
- A Pop-Up will show up, add the URL: http://cydia.hackulo.us, select Add
- Search for Installous, select the correct one for your iPhone or iPad
- Select Install and the installing progress will begin shortly
- Select Restart Springboard
That’s it! Enjoy Installous on your device!
Disclaimer: Using cracked apps is illegal. The purpose for posting this method is to help users test the app before buying it on Apple App Store. Developers spend a lot of time efforts to develop the app, we recommend users to delete the app after testing and buy the app on Apple App Store. The purpose of the posting does not support piracy or other piracy-related apps.
How to use Installous on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch Installous from Springboard
- Select the Search option when you can find on the top of the screen. Type Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.6 you want to search in the Search Field
- Search results would come up, select Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.6 you want to download and press Download. You also need to tap on the file hosting site you want to use.
- Another browser window would appear for downloading the app with a difference source. You will be asked to type in a Captcha code in order to continue the download. Please be aware if the Captcha code indicate is case sensitive or not.
- Ignore the advertisement which might appear to continue
- After you’ve landed the download section, you will be redirected to Installous. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.6 will start to download.
- You will receive a notification when the app is successfully downloaded.
- Go to Downloads, a tap which locates at the bottom of your screen. You’d see Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 1.6. Click Install to begin the installing process.